Energy One Limited (“Energy One”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website and/or by entering into a contract with us for the provision of services you are acknowledging the practices described in this policy.
Full name of legal entity: Contigo Software Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 4th Floor, Radcliffe House, Blenheim Court, Solihull, B91 2AA, United Kingdom
Telephone number: 0044 (0)845 838 6848
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or any other relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues based in the jurisdiction where you are from. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, competitions or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, or when using our products and services and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, geographical location, your position and name of the entity you represent.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website and whilst using our products and services we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- Your login information
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; technical and use information regarding your activity and utilisation of any of our products and services; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services and systems we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, risk management providers, data providers, technology providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you fail to provide personal data. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- on the lawful basis of performing a contract with you:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide effective support and configuration of services to clients (including identifying use by size and type of connectivity by client);
- to provide support and service improvements to clients;
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business):
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we or other companies in our corporate group offer that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (telephone, e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please send us an email if you which to opt out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- on the lawful bases of performing a contract with you and it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services), to notify you about changes to our products and services and/or changes to our business that we consider you need to know about;
- to administer our website, systems, software and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy):
- to ensure that content from our website, systems, software and services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to make technical improvements to our website, any of our products and services.
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business), to undertake research and development for future products and services.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) to administer our website, systems, software and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy), to ensure that content from our website, systems, software and services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- on the lawful bases of performing a contract with you and it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business), to allow you to participate in interactive features of our systems, software and services, when you choose to do so;
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise), to process your data as part of our efforts to keep our website, systems, software and services safe and secure;
- on the lawful basis for it being necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy, develop our products and services and grow our business):
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to provide you with the information about products and services that you request from us or that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other clients and/or users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to send you seasonal greetings cards, customer satisfaction surveys, invites to events and other targeted communications which we consider may be of interest to you.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
Unless specified otherwise in an agreement between you and Energy One in respect of Energy One’s provision of any software or services, we may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our Energy One group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors where they are associated with the provision of services to you or otherwise as part of our performance of a contract with you (for example, Zendesk, who provide online customer support services, ZenQ, who provide test resource services and LiliCode Lab who provide software development services);
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, systems, software and services;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we will ensure that your data is treated securely and to a similar degree of protection by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- entering into a specific contract with the receiving party which is approved for use in the UK which gives personal data the same protection it has in the UK;
- ensuring that the receiving party has approved binding corporate rules (requiring group companies to follow the same rules when processing your data); or
- the receiving party is based in a country deemed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, systems, software and services you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data::
- the right to be informed – which is what this privacy notice is for
- the right to access the data we hold about you
- the right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate
- the right to erasure (in some circumstances)
- the right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing
- the right of data portability
- the right to withdraw consent, where we are relying on consent to process your personal data
- the right to object to direct marketing – either use the ‘unsubscribe’ button on our emails or contact us directly
- the right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please us contact us using the Contact Details at the beginning of this policy.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights listed above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.