Energy One provides innovative and flexible software to support battery assets.
Batteries are an essential part of the energy transition. These highly flexible assets can provide value in multiple ways including energy balancing, frequency control and network support. Optimising the return on these assets requires innovative and flexible optimisation and automation software.
Our fully automated scheduling and nomination solution, underpinned by our technology platforms, allows customers to operate any combination of generation assets. The solution also enables end-users to rapidly develop, test and deploy trading strategies on an asset-by-asset basis, allowing users to flexibly operate portfolios in dynamic markets with distributed assets. Our solution is scalable and can support multiple assets within a broader portfolio, across multiple markets.
Optimising return on storage assets
Optimal dispatch of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and other storage assets (such as pumped hydro) relies on optimising economic return, subject to asset and market constraints on a 24 x 7 basis.
Energy One’s battery and storage solution has comprehensive support for all storage optimisation and dispatch needs for asset owners, including:
- Price forecasting for optimisation across all potential revenue streams
- Comprehensive modelling of all BESS constraints, including cycling budgets
- Portfolio and business objective and strategy considerations
- Automated scheduling and nomination
- Automated bidding through our auto-bidder and EnergyOffer product
BESS and other storage assets (such as pumped hydro) have unique operational and optimisation needs. Our storage solution runs within the context of our enFlow automation engine, providing complete flexibility in the inputs to your optimisation and schedule solution including:
- Market inputs
- Plant inputs obtained from SCADA or Battery Management System
- Other relevant inputs, such as constraints from network service providers, co-located generation assets or loads and time of day network charges
- Price inputs
The combination of a configurable process engine and configurable dashboard allow you to design the automation solution as appropriate to your needs including the level of interaction with trading operations staff.
The power of automation
Our configurable, flexible and comprehensive solution to BESS and storage asset optimisation and bidding ensures that your asset dispatch is compliant with the market, warranty constraints and gives maximal return on asset.