Locations: Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
Employment: Full Time
Who are we?
Energy One is seeking Senior Energy Analysts to be the lead in providing high-quality analysis of the energy markets. Energy One is a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) with offices in Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Paris, Belgium and the UK. Our focus is on driving the green energy revolution through innovative trading software solutions, trading operations, commercial advisory and risk transfer broking services for the global energy industry.
What would be your daily job?
In your role as a Senior Energy Analyst at Energy One, you will have the exciting opportunity to lead the charge in analysis, forecasting and data development for our clients in the gas and electricity markets. By collaborating closely with stakeholders, you will play a crucial role in creating and evaluating energy trading and hedging strategies across various energy markets, including renewable energy. Providing valuable insights you will shape client strategies for their electricity and gas portfolios. Offering guidance for energy management through reporting, analysis, and regular meetings.
As part of your daily job, you will be overseeing energy procurement tendering and contracting for large market loads, gas utilisation projects, and peaking generation commercialisation. Provide recommendations to regulatory bodies, including energy hedging contract advisory and energy audit. Your leadership in these areas will be instrumental in driving success in the Australian markets.
- Tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, Finance, Law, Business and/or Engineering.
- Experience in the Australian electricity and/or gas markets.
- Be familiar with undertaking the financial feasibility of capital projects in the energy sector
- Knowledge of electricity hedging markets and understanding of electricity and gas price forecasting techniques
- A high level of analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, including data basis and coding such as Visual Basic, Python and Java.
- Knowledge of energy market interdependencies that influence spot and contract prices.
- Ability to manage priorities and deliver quality results on time.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are customer-centric and deliver smart solutions.
How to apply
If you are ready to embrace this exciting challenge, please apply via LinkedIn using the buttons below:
If you have any enquiries about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to discussing this opportunity further with you!